A real estate mentor or real estate coach can show you the ropes and teach you how to succeed faster with fewer missteps – at any stage of your career!
A lot of people think, “I’m a smart person. There are plenty of free tools that I can use to learn how to do this on my own. I don’t need to spend tons of money on this.” Of course, you’re smart! Sure, there are plenty of freebies — YouTube and TikTok videos have tons of folks that can give you plenty of tips and tricks to learn the real estate industry, but that’s a lot of work, time, and effort, and there are no guarantees.
See, there’s learning to do real estate…and then there’s learning to do real estate RIGHT.
Related reading: 8 Great Tools For Creating Real Estate Success
What To Look For In A Real Estate Mentor or Real Estate Coach
Finding an experienced mentor or coach who is proven to lead real estate agents to success takes the guesswork out of learning. Right from day one, they can walk you through the ins and outs of the real estate industry to coach you through any and every situation, no matter how off the wall it might be. How? Because they’ve been in your shoes and they have already gone through the growing pains so they can help you avoid them.
Here are some things to look for when considering a real estate mentor or real estate coach to partner with:
- They’re smart – You don’t get far in real estate without a few brain cells, so finding a mentor who has been in the business, found incredible success, is creative and collaborative and can TEACH what they’ve learned is key.
- They’re compassionate – If you are struggling, frustrated, angry, and feeling down, you want a mentor who shows compassion because they CARE that you are struggling and frustrated. A great real estate mentor is someone who genuinely wants to help you succeed.
- They foster a sense of community – There are millions of real estate agents out there, and with the need to offer referrals and negotiate, having a strong real estate community results in a better homeowner experience all around. After all, it’s not about us; it’s about them, right?
- They are all about skill-building – The whole reason real estate agents are searching for a mentor is to build their skills and give them strategies and tips they wouldn’t have found otherwise. Getting inspired, motivated, and growing on a personal level at the same time is the icing on the cake!
- They keep their mentoring affordable – Life is expensive enough, and you want a mentor that is there to share their wisdom in a way that fits your budget, whatever that might be.
When considering a coaching or mentorship relationship, ask yourself the following questions:
- What does each program offer specifically?
- Will it help you grow your business?
- Does the company’s ideology match your ideology?
- Most importantly, do you feel the coaching program is worth what you are paying for it?
“Darryl is the BEST! SO MUCH consistent, good, down-to-earth advice. NO BS. MUCH Better than what I get from my company for ‘free’!” – Virginia England
Agents sign up with real estate coaching programs because they are struggling or they are at a place where they know they have to do something DIFFERENT to take their business to the next level. Find one that feels like a fit, has the tools and support you need, and even one that makes you SMILE.
Related Reading: Real Estate License Training – How Much Does Real Estate Coaching Cost And How Can It Help You?
“Darryl is very generous with his time on the Coaching Calls! He answers every single agent’s questions until all have been asked! NOBODY else does that! No mentor or coach. Love it!” – Marie Paraschak
Power Agents®, for more strategies and tools for helping buyers and sellers, check out the Buyer’s and Seller’s tabs in the Classroom. Whether you need a boost of confidence or empowering dialogues, we are here to help you get the skills you need to be the go-to agent for the buyers and sellers in your farm area.
Get the latest real estate training tips delivered to your inbox!
Not yet a Power Agent®? Did you know that for LESS than the cost of a Starbucks coffee, you can instantly access an international directory of top agents and take part in next-level coaching.
Contact our team today to sign up or get the answers you need: (800) 395-3905!