1. Make your bed. It’s surprising that something so simple can make such a big impact on your day. Research by Charles Duhigg in his book “The Power of Habit” found that making your bed each morning is correlated with better productivity. It’s also been suggested that making your bed boosts happiness! The idea is that completing this small task makes a person feel more productive first thing in the morning. According to Duhigg, by creating this habit, you’ll help your other positive habits to flourish. He argues that making your bed is essentially a catalyst for other good habits.
2. Take some deep breaths. You don’t have to spend an hour sitting cross-legged each morning, but taking deep breaths in the morning is essential. Morning is often the most stressful time of day for people. Clear your head with a few deep breaths and a few moments of silence before diving into your day. You’ll benefit from even 4-5 minutes of this practice in the morning!
3. Avoid distractions. Morning distractions can take on many forms, from hitting the snooze button too many times, to lingering on social media longer than you should. Most of us are pressed for time in the morning, so decide to complete all your important tasks before you switch on the TV or log into social media. Spend your time focusing and preparing for a successful day ahead. Social media is part of life as an Agent, so if you must log in give yourself a timeframe and stick to it.
4. Reach for the water before the coffee. Since we don’t drink anything throughout the night, we’re dehydrated in the morning. Instead of reaching for the coffee pot as soon as your feet hit the ground, try a glass of water first. Drinking a glass of water in the morning will help you feel more alert, rehydrated, and will kick-start your metabolism for the day. Many high-powered executives swear by drinking lemon water first thing in the morning, and it’s an easy habit to start!
5. Review the day ahead. Once your bed is made, you’re hydrated, and your mind is clear, it’s time to focus on the day ahead. Check out your to-do’s in the task list of your CRM to see what needs to be done for the day. You will feel more in control of your day thanks to IXACT Contact’s robust calendar and task list. Functioning like your own assistant, you’ll receive automated task and appointment reminder emails to keep you on track. You’ll even receive reminders for when it’s time to reach out and call a contact. A good real estate CRM is key to helping you start your day on the right foot.
Now you know the five essentials that make for a great morning! Once you’ve gone through these steps, you’re already on your way to a productive and successful day!
The top real estate agents begin their days right with a powerful CRM in their corner to help make a positive impression on new clients – and stay in touch with their current ones.
Get the Darryl Davis Newsletter!
Power Agents, you’ll find lots of tools to be more proactive, productive, mindful, and courageous in our Time and Money Management tab in the Classroom. Tools like Living Your Power Agent Prospecting Chart that helps you stay focused and makes prospecting a little more fun!
Not yet a Power Agent®? Click here to learn more about how you can access hundreds of marketing, prospecting, and objection handling tools – live weekly coaching, podcasts, webinars, and more!
Need help? Contact our team today at (800) 395-3905!