8 Awesome Social Media Video Content Ideas for Real Estate Pros
Looking for social media video content ideas for real estate, but unsure of your “video star” skills? Let’s take a look at what works!
Leveraging social media is an excellent way for agents to create their brand, share information, educate homeowners, and build their client list. All of that rolled together is how a real estate agent shows their value! Video posts have been growing in popularity, thanks to such platforms as TikTok and Instagram stories.
So, how can you use videos to your best advantage to promote your farm area and instruct and inform your clients of events and changes in the housing markets?
YOU Need To Be In Your Videos
This doesn’t mean you need to look like a movie star with professional makeup and the latest fashion trends. In fact, that’s what NOT to do! Don’t worry too much about the perfect setting, but be on screen, speak from your heart (no scripts!), and be authentic.
Be kind to yourself. You will mess up, and you know what? That’s OK! It makes you relatable, imperfect, and genuine because your clients have messed up too, and they will gravitate to people they connect with.
Creating Awesome Content
Let’s get down to business! There’s a plethora of content and topics that you can cover in your videos, and here are a few suggestions:
- Staging tips for selling a home fast and for the most money. Remind your viewers that first impressions matter! That means ideas including how to create curb appeal and furnish each room with a purpose.
- Sharing ideas for times of crisis. Topics that cover what to do in case of emergencies, safety tips, and how to be prepared are always good choices.
- Three quick and easy tips to boost your curb appeal (paint the door, plant some shrubs, add flower pots, clean up the front walk)
- Three finance questions to ask yourself before buying your first home (Can you afford the mortgage payment? Can you afford the closing costs? Can you afford the neighborhood?)
- Tips for shopping for home builders (and why you should still use a real estate agent!)
- Seasonal home maintenance tips
- Renovations that will increase the value of your home
- 4 Common mistakes first-time homeowners make
Related reading: Key Real Estate Resources – 37 Real Estate Topics for Social Media (With Examples!)
Rules For Social Media Videos
Now that we know what kind of content we can make videos about, let’s talk about the rules (they are more like suggestions) for creating them.
- Have fun – When you are having fun, everyone else will have fun.
- Don’t worry about perfection – It’s OK to stumble over words or not have everything go perfectly; it’s authentic and relatable!
- Be consistent – Post your videos weekly (or every other week) on the same day and at the same time.
- Keep them short and sweet – Videos should be about 3 to 4 minutes in length, even as short as 2 minutes, but never more than 5.
- You can pre-record them – You don’t have to do these videos as a live stream; you can record them earlier and schedule them to post at the same time each week. If you do go live and are stressed about messing up, just write the tips you’re sharing on a piece of paper as a quick reminder.
Related reading: Influencer Marketing Hub – 8 Incredible Tips for a Great Social Media Video Strategy
With these tips and tricks, you can start posting video content like a pro in no time!
Calling All Real Estate Agents!
Are you ready to start taking things to the Next Level®? We have the tips, tricks, and tools you need to find success…at any age!
POWER AGENTS®, you can check out the Social Media Shareables tab in the Classroom for Brand-Building tools and ideas. Whether you need inspiration, motivation, or content to get started with, we have it!
Never Miss a POWER AGENT® Training Event Again! Click here to subscribe to our BRAND NEW Calendar feature! Training, brainstorming sessions, and top agent interviews will automatically be added to your calendar, so you never miss out.
Get the latest real estate training tips delivered to your inbox!
Not yet a POWER AGENT®? Did you know that for LESS than the cost of a Starbucks coffee, you can have access to hundreds of marketing, prospecting, and objection handling tools – live weekly coaching, podcasts, webinars, and more?
Start your POWER AGENT® trial and have total access to every tool we have including letters, dialogues, training tips, webinars on demand, e-Guides, and marketing tools for just $5.
Contact our team today to sign up or get the answers you need: 631-929-5555!